Sunday, October 10, 2010

Street Art in Fort-de-France

This is a bunch of photos that I took while I was in Fort-de-France today hanging out. I had the city to myself as most everything in Martinique is completely shut down on Sundays. The majority of these pictures where taken in an empty parking lock where all the surrounding walls were painted with beautiful graffiti. It was cool to be able to look around almost 360 degrees and see this art giving life to an otherwise lifeless concrete surface.





The photo above is the one initial piece of art that caught my eye before I realized that the whole parking lot was filled with similar works of art. I really like the contrast of black and white with the formless falling colors. The piece grabbed my attention and opened my eyes to the rest.


The photo above and the photo below were from a wall just a block or two down from the parking lot I mentioned above. I really like the animated personalities of the characters painted.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing street art. It would be very interesting to actually watch one of the pictures being created!

    ReplyDelete